Saturday, January 9, 2016

Brave Enough To Seek Help

It's been almost a month since my last entry and so much has changed but yet so much is still the same. My last entry, my husband and I were going to seek counsel and we have been doing so. The first time we went I have to admit that I was not in the greatest of spirits. I was hurt, stand off-ish and discouraged to see that after only 2 years of marriage we were in a counselors office and on a couch no less! I had to be reassured by my husband that we were there because we love each other and want to have a healthy marriage not because it was the beginning of the the end.

We have once a week sessions since then and I can honestly say that I see the difference. I see that my husband wants to communicate with me even though he mite feel like he doesn't know how. It means so much for me to see this because before I thought he just didn't care. For the first time since we said "I do" I feel like he's actually listening me to me!

We are not perfect, we have had our fights in the past month. During the time of the disagreement it mite not feel like much had changed. Once we quiet down we are fast to talk about what's going on, reconnect and do our best to move on together. Before it would take weeks for that to happen. So, at least there is progress. Our goal is to get to the point of being about to have a disagreement without the shouting and disconnection from one another.

Looking for a counselor is serious stuff! For the past 3 weeks we've been meeting with this one gentleman and though he has given some good tips for us we just feel like he is not what we are looking for. There was a counselor that I sought out and thought he'd be ideal for us but he was not taking new clients at the time.

Once my husband  and I decided to start looking for another counselor I brought up the ideal counselor. My husband read up on him and was in an agreement to try him out so he contacted him and what do you know?! That evening he emails my husband ready to take us on as clients! I was super excited and still am! I'm hoping this experience is better than our first. We meet with the new one guy on Monday and I cannot wait!

Marriage counseling just got added to our busy schedules and after much reassuring I couldn't be more happier.


No comments:

Post a Comment