The first couple of days felt weird, I had no idea what to do with myself. During the day while my husband was at work it was just me and my dogs. The closest drive to be in an actual city environment was at least 40 minutes and that's driving on a narrow road in the mountains. After a few days I started getting into a healthy routine. I figured since it was pretty much just me, that I should focus on me. I took a 30 minute drive everyday to the nearest gym and worked out every afternoon until it was getting close to the time that my husband was coming home. Met some interesting people there. We went on a 3 day cleanse/diet. Both Sundays and Thanksgiving we drove back "home" to be with our family for their birthdays and holiday.
Everything about being away I loved! The air, weather, calmness, open range and can't forget about the fresh amazing sea foods! Even when it rained it was perfect! It kinda felt like we had no responsibilities out there. We were living the beach life!
Knowing we were going to be leaving made me sad. My husband on the other hand was abit anxious to get back home so that we could start settling down. I've always wanted to move out of my city or state and this two week teaser just made me want it that much more!
Before anyone questions our parenting let me set the record straight. Our son stayed with his mom for the week she normally gets him then asked if she could keep him for another week to take him on a trip, then we would get him for two weeks straight. Our daughter stayed with my mom so that she could finish up her online course. Missing them goes without saying. But they aren't babies anymore they can manage a few extra day without us by their sides every minute.
The kids are the only reason why I'm happy to be back. If it wasn't for them, I'd be long gone! Pack up my parents and my mother in law and hit the road! Hahaha!
Now that we are back we can focus on settling into our new place, training my dogs how to walk on a leash and get ready for Christmas. After all the craziness we have been through the past few months and the natural beauty that we were surround with, I refuse to get caught up in the hype of shopping for the holidays. Gift cards for everybody! Don't judge me.
![]() |
| Our view everyday |

No comments:
Post a Comment