Sunday, December 6, 2015

My Hopes For Him

My older brother has been blessed enough to have a girlfriend that he is in love with. This is great news! I enjoy seeing how smitten he is with this nice girl. She really is something special. You really must be if you come around my family and want to stick around after meeting us. Haha. But in all seriousness, my brother is getting up there in age and we have all been hoping that someone would come his way and fast. When this angel came along we couldn't have been happier for him. The only thing that makes me a little concern for him is that she has two kids.

I was raised by a single mom, was a single mom and have no issues with a single mom, however, since my marriage to a man with three kids, I do know how hard it is. Three kids and two different women in my life. If my brother's love continues to blossom he will instantly have, two kids and a man in his life. Like I said I have no issue with these circumstances but there is much challenge that comes with the instant family. Whether it be with the kids, the other parent or both. I wouldn't wish these challenges and heartbreaks on anyone but these days just about everyone comes into a relationship with kids. 

Seeing how it's so common these days, you think the parents would know how to better handle all that comes with the visitation schedules, holidays, birthdays, etc. I'm chasing a rabbit here, let me get back to my point...

I feel like I have had my heart broken in ways that I never thought possible and seen people act in a behavior that makes me think, is this is really happening? Pretty much, I just hope that my brother will have a better experience than what I have had. 

I hope his situation is more smoother, I hope that his skin is thick enough to handle any comments that are thrown his way that may be attacking him as a person, I hope that his heart is big enough to see past any challenges, I hope that his heart is strong enough to handle the sadness, I hope that he is compassionate enough to comfort when needed and I hope that he will be a great example to those two kids. 

I wish him and Miss "D" a happy journey to where ever it is that they are headed. 

:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment