Sunday, November 1, 2015

Lip Sync Battle

Last nights Lip Sync Battle (please see Party Planner post to read about the details of this event) was so much fun! I am very proud to say that, I made it to the to the finalist round! Our son won the jackpot with his song choice of, Every Little Step by Bobby Brown and Candy Girl by New Edition. For someone who was reluctant about participating a month ago, he not only won $100 but was outstanding in his performance. He totally channeled Bobby Brown, he even took off his shirt and sang to the girls in the "audience." Last night was a moment that our family will forever remember. 

My family came over at 7pm, everyone brought something to munch on and we all sat around eating and laughing while some good party music was playing with the disco ball in full effect. By 8 o'clock we decided to start a warm up of Lip Sync Battle. We all danced around singing and lip syncing to, New Kids on the Block, Jackson 5 and my brothers favorite, The Thong Song, hahaha. Now thinking about it we probably all looked like a bunch of crazies. 

Battle started exactly at 9 pm by drawing names from a hat to see who goes first. I was one of the first ones to go and my first song choice was, I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred. Performing that song was a blast! I walked down a cat walk, threw my hat, took of my shirt (of course, I had a tank top underneath), I went all out and regret not recording it. Everyone had a chance to strut their stuff. There was a 5 way tie that had to be broken, competition was no joke. My daughter and aunt did an amazing job being judges, they took this task very serious and were fair despite everyone trying to give their two sense. By time the 5 way tie was broken by having to do an additional round and the winner from that one and my son battled it was already after midnight. It didn't even feel like we were all dancing around for over 3 hours. 

It felt so good to be with my family, laughing and dancing. As a teenager I would've never imagine "partying" with my family like this. I was always in trouble or getting into something as a kid but by my parents tough love, guidance and prayers I turned out pretty good and couldn't imagine having a party with them not being around. Oh how far we have come. :) 

I hope that this will become a family tradition every Halloween with my family and I. Something tells me that we won't have to wait a whole year for the next battle. I love my crazy family and my chaotic life! 




Song Choice
Mom: Can't Get Enough of Your Love by Taylor Dayne
Dad: Double Dutch Bus
Brother: The Doors (Cant remember the name of the song)
Sister: Living On A Prayer
Me: I'm Too Sexy
Husband: My Girl
Son: Every Little Step
Friend: P.Y.T 
     



No comments:

Post a Comment