The past few weeks I've been setting some time aside to do something that rejuvenates me. It helps me to continue on with my day or with whatever it is that I feel up against. With my daughter going to school online there's a lot of quietness in my house during the day which I don't mind but it gives me a lot of time to think. Sometimes good thoughts and sometimes disturbing thoughts, I feel myself wrestling in my mind. Even though I don't keep idle, I'm always moving around and doing something, I guess the quietness gets to me sometimes. Maybe not so much the quietness but maybe the lack of conversation?
Being at my wits ends with a lot of issues surrounding my family life, I figured there's no where else to turn, no one else to talk to that can help me, so I turned to God. Since He made me in His image then I'm sure He's up for a good conversation. :)
Everyday, well to be honest most days, sometimes I forget, I pull out 3 scriptures from the Bible. I do my best to not pick out random ones but scriptures that are targeted towards what ever I'm dealing with that day whether it be needing encouragement, thank-fullness, or strength. I'm not going to lie, Google is a huge help in my search! Even after finding these comforting scriptures I tend to continue reading, giving me more insight to the scripture. After I find at least 3 focused scriptures I write them down and on another paper I write a letter to God. In my letter to Him I write down what it is that I'm going threw, what I need (forgiveness, direction ect.) from Him, it's my letter to Him to say what ever I want in that moment. After writing, I go back to the paper with the scriptures and read them out loud, after reading them out loud I pull out the letter I wrote to God and read that out loud as well. My reason behind reading them out loud is simply cause closed mouths don't get fed. My voice and my words are powerful and I want to exercise and strengthen that power by using it daily.
You can call my letters, prayers or even wishful thinking but I refer to them as my love letters to God. Not all my letters are roses and daisies but just like a human, He wants me to tell him about my bad days just as much as He wants to know about the good days. He is there for me to vent to, plead to, ask anything, seek guidance or to say thank you to. He is alive and eager to hear from me.
Since I've been doing this I find myself looking forward to the next time that I can write to Him. It also helps me to remember that He's there with me through out my day. When starting this I wasn't sure what to expect or how it was all going to work out but now I expect to have my letters heard and answered because He continuously shows me that He is listening to me. I've seen my letters answered in ways that I still can not believe! There's no return to sender with these love letters. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment