Sharing about my blended family life, marriage, get aways, food and anything else worth venting about.
Wednesday, September 23, 2015
Party Planner
Next month I'm having my family over for a little theme party. I'm not sure if any of you have seen this show but it's the perfect theme for a party, Lip Sync Battle! I started mentally planning it 2 weeks ago and today I'm picking up an item for the party. We're all so excited for this party.
Here's the plan, every "contestant" will buy into the battle with $10. Each person has from now til Halloween to choose 1 song, rehearse it if need be and make up some killer dance moves for their song. This is an all out battle, anything goes, props, costumes, anything! Though one song will get you in the battle they will also need to have a back up song in case they make it to the final round. As of now I have 2 judges that will decide who will make it to the final round. Once in the final round the last two standing will have to perform their second song, which will hopefully be better than the first. The judges will determine who comes out the victor and the winner gets all the buy in money!
Now that the rules are set I got to start getting my house battle ready. Later today I'm going to pick up a disco ball, yes you read right, a disco ball. ;) We are going all out. I'm still on the look out for a funky background that needs to give off the right vibe, something that says, it's about to get funky in here. This will be a great time to pull out our fog machine. My husband said that the fog machine can not be used cause that's part of his performance. Not sure if he's joking or not. My family and I aren't heavy drinkers, though I went through a time haha but that's a different topic. Anyways, we don't drink heavily but we will be needing some drinks on hand to help loosen up before stepping into our alter egos. I'm thinking jello shots. We're going to a get together this weekend so I'll make some jello shots for the occasion to give it a trail run. This is going to be so much fun!
The song that I am choosing to do is the biggest secret I've ever kept! No one will see this coming, I haven't even told my husband and I tell that guy everything. Since the songs are picked I need to brain storm my outfit. "What to wear," is literally the question. Should I do a wig? Go sexy or funky? Microphone or no? Even if I did know the answers to all these questions I wouldn't confess on here, at the moment competition is tight around here.
Labels:
competition,
disco ball,
funky,
Halloween,
lip sync battle,
winner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment