Monday, September 21, 2015

Salad Without The Lettuce

One of the things I enjoy doing is looking for new recipes. I love cooking for my family. If it was just me, I would live off of avocado sandwiches for the rest of my life with an occasional bowl of cereal, Honey Nut Cheerios to be exact. Tonight was just my husband and I so when it's just us two I'm able to make things that we wouldn't have when the kids are here. 

There's this recipe that I've been wanting to make for the past couple of months and today was the day that I was able to make it! :) 

It's a Chicken Avocado Salad, mmm avocados! It was super easy to make especially since today was about 90 degrees, way too hot for me to be cooking. The only thing I would recommend is it to chill it before eating. So here it is. 


Doesn't it look pretty? I love the way fresh greens look in food. I found this recipe on an app that I have called, All The Cooks. 

I boiled one chicken breast, used 1 large avocado, cilantro, green onions, 1 lime and a bit of light mayo. Mayo and lime? Yea, I was iffy about it as well but it worked out well. I tasted it after making it and was disappointed but after it was chilled I loved it! 

Just thought I'd share this real quick to get the word out about this salad. Try and enjoy! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment