I use to be the kind of woman that wore heels (not just any little ol' heels but high heels) everyday, makeup perfectly done and my hair smoothly straightened. Now, that I have had the blessing of being a stay at home mom, my appearance has taken a 180. Let's get this straight, I do not wear a lot of make up in the first place and normally don't mind showing my fresh make up free face, the problems lays with this becoming the norm.
What I want to know is, is this normal behavior or am I just letting myself go?
I wake up, get my daughter started with school, start cleaning the house (sweep, clean bathrooms and do laundry), work out, help my daughter with school work, take a shower and rush to pick my son up from school. Once we get back to the house, I help my daughter with more school work, take my son to kickboxing, come home, make dinner and then eat with my family. When dinner is done I make sure the kids do their chores and try to catch up with my husband about his day at work. Normally, we try to take the kids to play basketball or spend time with them some how, after that it's bedtime and my husband and I are off to the gym. My goodness, my head is spinning just listing all the stuff that gets done on a daily basis, OK my point being, when is there time to do my make up and my hair? And where will I wear my heels to?
To be honest I'm lucky if I'm in the shower by noon! Worse case scenario I'll jump in around 2 in the afternoon. So why do my make up, wasting my $50 bottle of foundation just to do house work, be a taxi and wash it off soon after? Yes, I know, so that my husband can come home to me looking like a prom queen. It just doesn't feel all that worth it when he is attracted to me with no make up equally. Like I mentioned, I'm not that bad looking in the natural to begin with. Taking a moment to toot my own horn, toot, toot. ;)
Is this a crisis I'm going through? Am I not the hot woman my husband fell in love with? Do I still have sex appeal? Is wearing "mom jeans" the next step for me? Ultimately, it would be comforting to know that I am not alone in this. Yes, there are times when I go 6 days with out putting make up on and doing my hair but there are also those weeks when I do put it on and do my hair for the thrill of it.
Pause. Be right back.
I'm back. While writing this post I took a break to put some foundation, mascara and lip gloss on and I must say, I feel pretty damn good. I need to look at the bright side, my husband still finds me desirable with no make up on and at least I'm still shaving my legs on a regular basis.
No comments:
Post a Comment