Thursday, October 8, 2015

Date Night, Paint Night

This week my husband and I went on a paint night- date night. It was our first time and it was a blast! We went to a place that was in a city next to us, which made it feel like a little get away. In our city it is so fast paced, everyone is always on the go, in a hurry, literally going til you drop. Even though the city next to us is about a 20 minute drive, it feels so much different. There is a more slower pace. People are strolling along. Horses are being taken for a walk on the road. Faces aren't bared in cell phone or tablets. Best of all, no one knows us. 

I got to admit I was a little intimidated seeing the picture that we were going to paint. We had a plate of only 5 colors to work with: red, black, white, blue and yellow. We were given two brushes to use, a flat head looking brush and a pointy tip brush. I felt like a real artist in my cool looking apron. Our instructor was hilarious, he definitely knew how to work a room. His jokes were funny and his music selection was the cherry on top.

It was all the right makings for a great night out with my husband. Then again I say that every time we go somewhere together. I can't help it, he's good company. We walked away with 2 very cool paintings that will be on display in our new place. 

If you have not been to a paint night, go, you will without a doubt enjoy yourselves! 



No comments:

Post a Comment