Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Moving On Up

My husband and I have been planning to move for a year. We have sold a lot of our items in our house over the last year, saving money, repairing our credit so that we can get the highest score possible and most importantly praying and waiting for God's will. 

We seen a place that we felt will do, it was decent, cheaper in price so we figured we'd qualify no problem. Got a call back and we were not approved. I was shocked! How can this be, it's cheap and we're settling for less than what we want and we still can't get qualified? We went to the gym to work off this let down and came to the thought that maybe God just does not want this for us or maybe we need to go cheaper? Obviously, we had no idea what was going on. Later that night we figured since we already got rejected one time that day mite as well aim high. That evening we put in a request for a place that was everything we could possibly dream of having. This is the exact place that we have been day dreaming about for a year. If were getting rejected then we're going to get rejected for something worth it.

The next day I was getting out of the shower going about my day and my phone rings. I didn't reconize the number but answered anyways. It was a man calling to follow up about my request, I thought, that was fast. This nice man gave me news that just about made my towel fall to the floor! We were APPROVED! First thought was, what and thank you Jesus! I had him explain to me exactly what "approved" meant just to make sure we had the same definition. Poor guy probably thought I was crazy. Haha. Right after I called my husband and couldn't help but scream out what just happened. Now, my husband is a very laid back guy, hard to get any reaction out of him and he didn't fail with this laid back approach. I'm over here jumping around and he's as calm as a cucumber. He later told me that he was like that because he felt like it was too good to be true, seeing how we have been let down in the past. 

Fast forward to almost a week later, we're signing the papers tomorrow and this weekend I will be calling our landlord to give our 30 days notice! No more renting, we are going to be home owners! 

Looking back, it's funny to me how we were  going to settle for something neither of us wanted but that's not the way God works. He wants the best for His people and that is exactly what we are getting! My mom tells me, "Don't you know you are the daughter of a King and you deserve the best." Momma is right again. Haha. 


No comments:

Post a Comment